Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author

David Bean
    Participant

How do people feel about using Martingale? A £20 trade becomes a £312.50 trade after three losses (using the 2.5 times method). You would need over £500 to place these four trades and if the fourth one came in you would overall be up about 40 quid.

My record was 11 straight losing trades so Martingale gives me a migraine to even think about it! I’d love to hear how others feel though.

leeroy998
    Participant

I’m the same, it will blow your account at some point and it not good for the blood pressure when you start a losing run!

Nic Johnson
    Participant

You need a big account I’ve gone from 250 down to 50 slowly getting it back at 125 now! The conditions in the market need to be right, it takes time to get the hang of that but the more you practice the more you seem to get the hang of it. I’m doing $1 trades and generally win the first but 2nd or 3rd if not. Even with 1000 in an account I would advise a low starting trade 2.50 maybe the more you lose the more emotional you get and trust me it effects you… if you have a larger buffer its not your last amount of money your trading with before you blow it.

adam white
    Participant

been testing martingale now for a couple of weeks via iq option started with 1000 I’m now on 4003 I triple it starting at 1 then 3,9,27 etc have got to 7 loses in total but by then had built the account to 3k .have done a bit of maths and to start with trades at £10 you would have to have 11k to recover from 6 losses.any other advice from anyone will be greatly appreciated.

Nic Johnson
    Participant

I’ve been doing the same as Adam and today made 1k on demo but also lost it all as well I’m at 3700! Made some big trades to get back up to it again. I think when I get some money together
    I’ll be sticking to low trades for a while. Having said that mostly been wining the first trade.

Andy Goodall
    Participant

Hey guys, I think the key is to start with as much as you can possibly deposit and then not be greedy. I know $1 trades takes time to build up but its a lot easier siting there clicking a mouse for an evening for a $100 profit than working for it!!

chris Burrows
    Participant

some good advice and i agree with andy, you can possibly make more in 1 hour starting with £1 trades then you can working for the man.
    Also Nic if you are mostly itm on your 1st trade why bother to martingale at all just take the loss and start again

Nic Johnson
    Participant

Then I get a run of three losses. The trading today I’ve gone from 99 to 120 using 1,2,3,6,12 then upped it to 2,4,8, 16 went to trade 4 once mostly on 1st trade but had a few not until I got onto a nice market and then won the last 6 trades in a row my last trade went ITM at $5 happy with today i’m begging to get it fast and understand where I may have gone wrong before. Looking across and trying to identify support and resistance zooming out on the chart! Some points today I went down to 80 and back up because of martingale. At some points I would only be 50% ITM but the last lot of trades on bitcoin where 100% ITM Martingale saved me otherwise i’d have been trading for another hour trying to win it back!

Nic Johnson
    Participant

If I can get to a point or find a strategy that gives 80% ITM you can trade 5% of your account or more if you don’t mind higher risk and then the odd trade you lose double up and find a good trade to win it back or accept you don’t win them all!

Timothy Madden
    Participant

I think a two step or three step martingale can work well.

Nic Johnson
    Participant

I’ve been trying to get in the market at the right conditions going to two or three only works well but if you lose the third it’s a big run of loss to ho back to trade one again there’s no guarantees but I find short sessions seem to work well if it’s not going in your favour quit and try again later!

Eros Mastrobuoni
    Participant

Hey guys, about matingale, after trying and trying on a demo account, I find it a lot safer to trade ranging markets; they will never have 7plus runs in the same direction. Maybe a bit boring, but certainly safer and good for your health and account balance 🙂

Matthew Shaw
    Participant

Hi ERMAS
    Whats ranging markets?
    Thanks

Matt

Eros Mastrobuoni
    Participant

Hey Matt, ranging is when you can draw both support ans resistance lines perfectly horizontal and the candlesticks stay within that corridor. In other words, markets can be tranding (up trend or down trend) or ranging (no trend). Hope that helps.
    Cheers

Call Capital
    Participant

at 2200h on EUR/USD goes very flat its ranging if you put two trades on… a put at top and a call at bottom you will lose less than one trade but you win double its precision trading to get your positions placed on the highest high and lowest low in the timeframe 2-3 mins on turbo mode iQoption is best on either limit you get your money back when you tie… recon binary options was designed for range trading
    made over $16.2M in practice mainly in range using this method all in trading one side always wins its to get both sides to win

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by  Call Capital.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.